martes, 8 de enero de 2008

Facebook: Are you a Zoosker?

So the big-big benefit of Facebook is letting developers push their content into Facebook home with zero effort. Good try. And what about the users? Do they know what are they using?

In real life you don´t try new medicine unlees it is advised -your doctor, a friend, whatever-. In Web 2.0 you´re just at one click away of installing unknown apps in your Facebook profile. Throwing snowballs (is it as stupid as I reckon?), promote hotness (whatever it is), bother all your LinkedIn connections trying them to get Facebook-ed, or just buy installing Zoosker -proposing yourself for "socializing" in its purest form.

In a recent Yahoo! post a married woman asked simply "What would you do if you find your husband added the 'zoosk'application on Facebook? Most of the answers were "talk to him, he probably didn´t meant to do it". That´s the problem with easy integration of features, not to mention the long-discussed surrender of personal information. "Zoosk is a fun way to socialize and meet other singles in your area" says Facebook. Once you click it, it´s not only that you sex appetite seems to be reloaded; everyone is informed in black and white that you are -so to speak- craving for casual sex.

One final comments from a user. "I haven't got 15 single friends to invite to this stupid app, and I shouldn't have to bug the ones that have no need for it just so I can use it!". As I see it, I have only two issues about this apps
i) the instant spread of the app to all contact list -maybe you didn´t want to-
ii) the blur between personal and professional activities.

As we have seen many times, the second issue is a key factor in Web 2.0 developments.

2 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

Daniel dijo...

Thanks Crescenet. I may try a little portuguese in your site -tomara que você tenha uma boa tarde-.